Vasant Panchami Pooja 2014
Vasant Panchami is the day of Godess Saraswati, we worship Saraswati devi to get her blessings, it is also known as shree panchami. Basant Panchami is celebrated on the fifth day of Hindu month Magh and in the month of February or March according to the Gregorian calendar. It is the festival of Kites celebrated by Hindus. Saraswati devi is the goddess of Knowledge, Music & Art People worship her to get her blessings in their Life. From this day people get enlighten with Knowledge and to get free from tiredness, lethargy and unawareness. As, Saraswati devi is goddess of Knowledge Vasant Panchami is celebrated in school and colleges with much devotion.
Vasant Panchami Date: 4 February 2014, Tuesday
Vasant Panchami Puja Muhurat2014: 09:15:41AM to 11:28:12 AM
Duration: 2 Hours 12 Mins
Purvahna Kaal: 09:15:41 AM to 11:28:12 AM
Vasant Panchami Traditions | Vasant Panchami Celebration.
- When it comes to Vasant Panchami Tradition Yellow color is dedicated to Saraswati devi. People wear Yellow clothes on this day and visit Saraswati Temples.
- This is the day when students please Godess Sarawati to gain her blessings in studies for their bright future. Students Place Pens, Notebooks and Pencils nearby Godess idol to be blessed.
- Vasant Panchami is also known as Akshar Abhyasam which was the day of initiating education to a child.
- It is a ritual to use Turmeric and Mustard oil Paste before bathing on Vasant Panchami.
- Yellow colored sweets are prepared like Saffron Rice, Kesar Halwa etc.
- People do Saraswati Aarti and recite Sarawati Mantra, sing Saraswati Song & Saraswati Bhajan in Sarawati Puja.
- In Saraswati Pooja Purvahna Kaal has much importance i.e, Late Morning and Early Afternoon.
- It is believed that Vasant Panchami day is very auspicious to start any new work.
Vasant Panchami Images/Wallpaper:-