Puran Poli Recipe: Makar Sankranti Special
Puran Poli is a sweet maharashtrian dish. Puran Poli is cooked on several occasions like Holi, Poornima, Ganesh Chaturthi, Gudi Padwa and Makar Sankranti. Here is the puran poli recipe in detail, which makes your Makar Sankranti Yummy & Delicious.
Puran Poli Ingredients:
Here is the list of ingredients for Puran Poli recipe.
|Whole Wheat Flour (Gehun Ka Aata)||2 Cups|
Puran Poli Filling Process:
|Arhar (Toovar Dal)||1 Cup|
|Cardamom (Elaychi) Powder||½ TSP|
|Nutmeg (Jaiphal)||¼ TSP|
|Mace (Javantri) Powder||1 Pinch|
Needed Utensils for Puran Poli:
How to make Puran Poli?
Find the detailed recipe of puran poli here.
Puran Poli Dough Process
- Combine the flour and oil in a bowl and knead into soft dough with the help of water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
Puran Poli Filling Process
- Combine the dal in 1½ cups of water and cook it in pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Drain any excess water and mash the dal lightly using the back of the spoon.
- Dissolve the saffron in a little water and keep aside for sometime.
- Take a karahi and heat ghee in it also mix dal and sugar and cook on a medium flame till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Prepare mixture of cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, mace powder and saffron and add it into dal.
- Divide it into 15 equal parts.
Puran Poli Making Process
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 3″ diameter circle.
- Place a portion of the filling in the centre and fold the edges of the dough over the filling. Pinch the edges together to seal the filling in.
- Flatten the dough and roll again into a 4″ diameter circle, with the help of little wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour on both the sides.
- Repeat this process with remaining dough.
Sacred provides easy recipe for puran poli. Above recipe is enough to make 15 Puran Polis. Cooking time of this recipe an hour.
Puran Poli Recipe Video
You can find more recipes through puran poli recipe video from here.