How to Please Lord Ganesh?
- Devotees can please Shree Lord Ganesha by offering 21 blades of Durva Grass.
- Devotees can please Lord Ganapati by offering Modak/Motichoor ke ladoo during Ganesh puja.
- Worship Bhagwan Ganesh on Wednesday to please him.
What are benefits of Ganesh puja?
- Lord Ganesha worship reduces physical and mental stress.
- Your intellect powers get sharpens.
- The raja-tama in the worshiper is smashed.
- Your vital energy increases.
- Your Adnya-chakra is activated.
- The subtle body of the worshiper is purified.
- The worshiper’s all monetary difficulties go off.
When should we do Ganesh Puja?
- Wednesday is the best day for worshipping lord Ganesha.
- Ganesh Chaturthi is the auspicious day for Ganesh pujan.
- Worship Ganesha before starting any new business/new work /before starting any auspicious puja or marriage.
Why we should do Ganesh Puja?
- According to astrology, Wednesday is considered the day of planet Mercury, which is believed to be the planet of success, lord Ganesha is also the lord of success. If Mercury is weak in your horoscope then you must worship lord Ganesha on Wednesdays. It will also bring good luck and fortune in your life.
5 essential things for Ganesh Puja
2. Dhruva Grass
4. Conch Shell/Shankh
Where to Place Ganesha Idol At Home?
- The back of Ganesh idol should always be facing wall not any door or window of the room.
- Never place Lord Ganesha Idol in Southern direction of house.
- Best direction to place Ganpati Idol is east or west.
- Northeast corner of your home is best location to worship Lord Ganesha.
- Never place the Ganesha idol across a wall that is attached to the bathroom.
- Always put pure metal Lord Ganesha Idol in Home.
- Never place Lord Ganesha Idol under staircase of your home.
There are following proper steps to perform puja
.1.Dhyanam (Prayer or chant the beej mantra)
To Perform Ganesh Puja, Dhyanam is the first and foremost step. Dhyanam is the Prayer or the Meditation process in which we should chant Ganesh Mantra.
||Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah||
The Second step to do Ganesh Pooja is to worship the God to come into the place of Idol.This is Known as Avahana or Invocation. At the time of Invocation we should recite Ganesh Avhana Mantra.
Chant this invocation (Avahan) mantra:
गणानां तवा गणपतिं हवामहे कविं कवीनामुपमश्रवस्तमम |
जयेष्ठराजं बरह्मणां बरह्मणस पत आ नः षर्ण्वन्नूतिभिः सीद सादनम ||
नि षु सीद गणपते गणेषु तवामाहुर्विप्रतमंकवीनाम |
न रते तवत करियते किं चनारे महामर्कंमघवञ्चित्रमर्च ||
3. Aasana (Offering Seating)
The Third Step is to offer Seat to God. As, whenever any guest come to our House we offer them Aasana or a well cleaned place or ant cloth, in the same way offer a New, clean, decorated Red cloth to Lord Ganesh to be seated.
4. Paadya (Washing of feet)
The fourth step is to wash the feet of God Ganesha gently by pouring Water as he gets sitted.
5.Arghya (Washing of hands)
Arghya is the fifth step when the God Ganesha is sitted and his feets are washed then we offer Water to wash his Hands.
6. Aachamana (Offering Drinking Water)
Then we Offer drinking water to God Ganesha in his Mouth that is known as Aachamana.
7. Snana (Bathing with Water or panchamruthas)
Wash God Ganesha idol with Panchamruth i.e. Milk, Yoghurt, Ghee, Honey, Sugar, Sandal Powder as offering Bath and then Sprinkle water.While offering Panchamruth recite this Mantra
‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Payah Snanam Samarpayami ‘ when offering milk.
‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Dadhi Snanam Samarpayami‘ when offering curd.
‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Ghrut Snanam Samarpayami‘ when offering ghee.
‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Madhu Snanam Samarpayami’ when offering honey.
‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Madhu Snanam Samarpayami’ when offering Sugar.
‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Madhu Snanam Samarpayami’ when offering Sandal Powder.
8.Vastra (Offering New Clothes)
Offer New Clothes to Lord Ganesha which contains yellow Cloth.
9. Yajnopavita (Sacred thread)
Offer Sacred Thread (Janeu)with Flowers and Akshathas with Sindur, Chandan, Loung, Mewa, Nariyal.
Offer Durva grass chanting, ‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Durvan Kuran Samarpayami’.
10.Gandha (Sandal Paste)
Now put Chandan Paste to the forehead of God Ganesha.
Offer perfume and chant ‘Aum Shri Ganeshya Namah Itram Samarpayami’.
11.Archana (Offering Flowers)
Now Offer Flowers to God Ganesha by reciting his 108 names and offer one flower of each name.
After offering Flowers, now enlight Insence Stick to spread its fragrance.
13. Deepam (Oil Lamp)
Enlight Oil Lamp to Lord Ganesha which symbolize bringing of Light into Life.
14. Naivedyam (Offering Specially prepared food)
Offer Sweets, Fruits to God Ganesha which is known as Naivedyam. So, it is good to offer Modak/Ladoo to lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha loves Ladoo and Modak so it is best to offer them in Naivedya.
15.Tamboolam (Offering Betel Leafs and Betel Nuts)
Now offer Betel leaves and betel nuts to Lord Ganesha.
Sacred Provides You List of Ganesh Poojan Samagri list to make your Ganesh Pooja very easy and successful. We provides you the list of all essential Products needed in Ganesh Puja.
- Aam ke Patte/ Mango Leaves/ Mangifera Leaves
- Agarbatti/ Incense Sticks
- Akshata (Chawal)/ Rice/ Oryza Sativa
- Ashtagandha/ Scented Orange Powder
- Attar/ Scent
- Chandan/ Sandalwood Paste/ Santalum Album
- Dahi/ Dahi/ Lactobacillus
- Deepak/ Lamps
- Diye Ki Batti/ Cotton Wicks/ Gossypium
- Doodh/ Milk
- Durvaa Grass: 11/21 Blades
- Fal/ Fruits: Specially Bananas
- Ganga Jal/ Holy Water
- Ghanta/ Bell
- Kalash/ Finial
- Karpoor/ Camphor/ Cinnamomum Camphora
- Loung/ Cloves
- Maachis/ Match Box
- Modak/Sweet : 11/21 Pieces
- Murti/Ganesh Idol
- Nariyal/ Coconut/ Cocos Nucifera
- Phool/ Flowers : Red Hibiscus Flower (Gudhar ka Phool) or any Red Flower
- Phool Mala/ Garland: Mala should be made by Marigolds (Genda) Flower
- Pyaala/ Bowl
- Saaf Kapda Laal/ Red Cloth
- Saaf Kapda Safed/ White Cloth
- Sankha/ Conch
- Sindoor/ Vermilion/ Cinnabar
- Tambulam/ Betel Leaf/ Piper Betle
- Thaali/ Plate
- Tulsi/ Basil/ Ocimum Tenuiflorum
Ganpati/Ganesh Stotra in Hindi
प्रणम्य शिरसा देवं गौरीपुत्रं विनायकम् ।
भक्तावासं स्मरेन्नित्यं आयुःकामार्थसिद्धये ॥ १॥
प्रथमं वक्रतुण्डं च एकदन्तं द्वितीयकम् ।
तृतीयं कृष्णपिङ्गाक्षं गजवक्त्रं चतुर्थकम् ॥ २॥
लम्बोदरं पञ्चमं च षष्ठं विकटमेव च ।
सप्तमं विघ्नराजेन्द्रं धूम्रवर्णं तथाष्टमम् ॥ ३॥
नवमं भालचन्द्रं च दशमं तु विनायकम् ।
एकादशं गणपतिं द्वादशं तु गजाननम् ॥ ४॥
द्वादशैतानि नामानि त्रिसंध्यं यः पठेन्नरः ।
न च विघ्नभयं तस्य सर्वसिद्धिकरः प्रभुः ॥ ५॥
विद्यार्थी लभते विद्यां धनार्थी लभते धनम् ।
पुत्रार्थी लभते पुत्रान्मोक्षार्थी लभते गतिम् ॥ ६॥
जपेद्गणपतिस्तोत्रं षड्भिर्मासैः फलं लभेत् ।
संवत्सरेण सिद्धिं च लभते नात्र संशयः ॥ ७॥
अष्टेभ्यो ब्राह्मणेभ्यश्च लिखित्वा यः समर्पयेत् ।
तस्य विद्या भवेत्सर्वा गणेशस्य प्रसादतः ॥ ८॥
Ganpati/Ganesh Stotra in English
Pranamya shirasa devam gauri-putram vinayakam |
Bhaktavasam smarennityam ayuh-kamartha-siddhaye || 1 ||
Prathamam vakra-tundam cha eka-dantam dvitiyakam |
Tritiyam krishna-pingaksham, gaja-vaktram chaturthakam || 2 ||
Lambodaram panchamam cha shashtham vikatameva cha |
Saptamam vighna-rajendram dhumra-varnam tathashtamam || 3 ||
Navamam bhala-chandram cha dashamam tu vinayakam |
Ekadashamam gana-patim dvadasham tu gajananam || 4 ||
Dvadashaitani namani trisandhyam yah pathen_narah |
Na cha vighna-bhayam tasya sarva-siddhi-karah prabhuh || 5 ||
Vidyarthi labhate vidyam dhanarthi labhate dhanam |
Putrarthi labhate putranmoksharthi labhate gatim || 6 ||
Japedganapati-stotram shadbhirmasaih phalam labhet |
Samvatsarena siddhim cha labhate natra samshayah || 7 ||
Ashtebhyo brahmanebhyashcha likhitva yah samarpayet |
Tasya vidya bhavetsarva ganeshasya prasadatah || 8 ||
Ganesh Stotra Benefits.:-
Ganesh Stotra is Powerful hymn recited with much devotion gives positive results and shoot out all troubles from your Life. Lord Ganesha gives Knowledge, Success and removes obstacles from your Work. Read Ganpati Stotra once in a day after Bathing.
Ganesh Stotra Image:-
*You can use Google Translator to get Ganesh Stotra Tamil/Telgu/Gujrati/Marathi version.
**Click below to Free Download Ganesh Stotra PDF format or Print it.