Dev Uthani Gyaras is the Eleventh day of Shukla Paksha of the Hindu month Karthik. On this day Dev Uthani Gyaras is celebrated. It is also known as Prabodhini Ekadashi or Kartiki Ekadashi or Utthana Ekadashi.
According to Purans on Kartiki Ekadashi Lord Vishnu had woken up after the four month rest. Prabodhini Ekadashi is the last day of Hindu Chaturmaas. Marriages and other auspicious events start from this day. On Utthana Ekadashi, Tulsi Shaligram vivah or Tulsi Vivah is also performed.
Dev Uthani Gyaras 2013 | Tulsi Vivah 2013
Kartiki Ekadashi Date: 14/11/2013 (14 November 2013)
You can perform Dev Uthani Gyaras puja or Tulsi Vivah anytime on this day. But, mostly people perform Tulsi Vivah or Dev Prabodhini puja in the evening.
How to perform Tulsi Vivah?
Tulsi Vivah is mainly performed on Dev Uthani Gyaras. Tulasi puja or Tulsi Shaligram Vivah is very old rituals. It is the marriage of Tulsi mata (Tulsi Plant/Basil Plant) with Lord Krishna.
Tulsi Vivah Samagri | Tulsi Pujan Samagri
Collect following pujan samagri before starting the Tulsi Vivah puja.
Geru (Red Colored Soil)
Idol of Lord Krishna
Mangalsutra/ Turmeric tied Thread
Tulsi Plant (Make sure it should be more than three years old)
Tulsi Vivah Story Book
Tulsi Vivah Vidhi | How to do Tulsi Vivah?
Perform following steps to perform Tulsi Vivah (Prefer evening time):
Clean the courtyard and clean with Chuna (limestone) and with geru (red colored soil)
- Color the Tulsi pot and decorate it with flowers.
- Decorate tulsi/basil plant.
- Collect all the needed things and keep them at one place.
- Narrate the story of Tulsi Vivah.
- Now, keep idol of Lord Krishna and place next into the Tulsi plant.
- Chant the following mantra:
वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सुर्यकोटि समप्रभ
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा
Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya Surya-Kotti Samaprabha
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa
- Tied the Mangalsutra on the Tulsi plant chanting the above mantra.
- Shower flowers and Chawal on bride and groom (Tulsi and Krishna ji).
- Tied to the Lord Krishna and Tusli plant.
- Eldest person of the house perform Kanyadaan.
- Now, remove the tied cloth.
- Perform Tulsi Aarti in the end.
- Distribute Prasad (Fruits & Sweets) among friends and relatives.
Tulsi Vivah Aarti
After performing tulsi vivah pooja, Tulsi aarti is sung by the whole family members.
Chant this Tulsi mantra during tulsi Vivah.
Dev Uthni Gyras:-