Bhai Dooj festival is celebrated on the last day of five days long festival of Diwali. Bhai Duj is also known as “Bhaiya Dooj”, “Bhai Phota”, “Bhai Tika”, “Bhaubeej” or “Bhau Bij”. Bhaiya Duj is celebrated on the second day of Shukla Paksha of the Hindu month Kartika.
On Bhau Beej sisters pray and make a wish for their brothers for his long life and happy lives and apply Tika on brother’s forehead. In return, brothers give gifts to their sisters. Bhai Phota is Hindu festival.
Bhai Dooj in 2014 | When is Bhai Dooj?
Bhai Duj: 05/11/2013 (5 November 2013)
Bhau Beej can be celebrated at anytime on 5 November 2013. Whole day is very good to celebrate Bhai Dooj.
Bhai Dooj Puja 2014
Sister invites her brother with family and prepares good meal for them. Then she does pooja of her brother.
Bhai Dooj Puja Samagri
- Puja Chowk
- Puja Thali
- Uncokked Rice/Chawal
Bhai Dooj Puja Vidhi
- Brother seats on Puja Chowk after taking meal.
- Sister applies tilak on her brother’s forehead and gives him a coconut.
- Sister does aarti of his brother with diya and wish for his brother’s happy and long life.
- The brother in return, gives his sister a gift.
- She also applies tilak on her bhabhi’s (sister- in-law) forehead and gives her gut (dry coconut), the bhabhi gives the sister some token money and touches her feet.
- Tilak is also applied to nephews and nieces and token gifts are given.
Bhai Phota Mantra
Bhai Phota Mantra is chanted by sisters.
Bhratus tabaa grajaataaham,
Bhunksa bhaktamidam shuvam
Preetaye yama raajasya
Significance of Bhai Dooj
Bhai Dooj or Bhai Phota is the second biggest festival of Brothers and Sisters after Rakhi. Bhai Dooj is celebrated by sisters for their brothers. Sisters pray for her brother happy and long life.
Bhai Dooj Wallpaper:-